Welcome to the @aboutglos walking and hiking section. The walking section aims to provide information on all the nice walks in Gloucestershire including:
- Walks in The Cotswold Hills.
- Walks In The Forest Of Dean.
- Waterways walks such as The River Severn, River Wye & Gloucester-Sharpness Canal.
- Walks in nature reserves & country parks.
- Circular walks mainly from pubs or restaurants.
- Walking Holidays Such as “The Cotswold Way” & “The Severn Way”
For details of all organised group walks.
The Gloucestershire walking & hiking guide also will in the future include advice on enjoying your walk, walking equipment for your safety and detailed route maps.
Organised Walks In Gloucester By Gloucester Civic Trust
- Daily Self guided walks around Gloucester – Starts from St. Michael’s Tower – The Cross – Gloucester. We have 4 walks available that take you to places in Gloucester that you probably didn’t know were there. Hear gruesome tales of Gloucester and find out about.
- Daily Family/Children’s Walk Starts from St. Michael’s Tower – The Cross – Gloucester “This is a heritage quiz trail for children. The walk comprises of an audio unit,headphones and a quiz booklet. This is an interactive trail seeking out clues as you go along. It’s fun and educational. The walk takes you along Southgate Street hunting heritage clues, to St. Mary de Crypt and much more. Cost is £5 per family. Great family fun for the school holidays.”
- Daily Monday – Saturday 11.30 a.m. City Walk Starts from St. Michael’s Tower – The Cross – Gloucester. This is a gentle walk around Gloucester with a Gloucester Civic Trust Tour Guide. The walk lasts 1.5 hours. Cost is £3.00
Organised Walks In Or Near Gloucestershire
- Organised Walks & Hiking In Gloucestershire – Hawkdean Hike (Rangeworthy)
Gloucestershire Walks – Walking Guides On The Internet
- @aboutglos Walking Guide. Currently under construction but growing daily. @aboutglos Walking…
- Download & Print Walks in or near to Gloucester. www.walkinginglos.co.uk
- Gloucestershire County Council walking guide. Includes walk downloads and details of organised walks.Walk details
Walking The Severn Way
The Severn way walk passes through Gloucestershire following the course of the river. we will be creating a detailed page about our walks on the Severn way.
Chosen Hill Walks
There are several marked footpaths on Churchdown Hill (Chosen Hill).
Route maps and photographs will be added to this site shortly.
To suggest your favourite route or to add your photograph please email email@example.com.