Hardwicke pond is located on the junction of Pound Lane and Sticky lane next to Hardwicke Parochial School and the playing field.
Hardwicke Pond Wildlife
The pond is a magnet for local wildlife and is a place to sit on the bench and watch the world and the wildlife go by. Wild life at the pond include;
- The pond often has a pair of nesting mallards.
- Many wild birds visit the pond
- Newts have been spotted swimming in the pond
- Frogs and toads are prevalent in the pond and in spring you can see frog spawn and tadpoles.
- There are many trees to enhance the habitat including oak trees and a magnificent willow.
Some photos randomly found on my computer of the duck pond.