Borderlands Outdoor is a specialist training, development and activity company based on the England-Wales border on the edge of the Forest of Dean. The company was born of a love of the outdoors shared by […]
- Eat & Drink
- Outdoor Fun
- Contact Us
Walks & Outdoor Fun
Walks And Walking In Gloucestershire, the county is an excellent place if you like to walk and an excellent destination if you like variety in the type you like. There are many places to walk in the county of Gloucestershire some very well known and some nice hidden treasures. This page is to feature all my walking related posts and articles making it easy for you to find walking information.
Walks & Walking In Gloucestershire
The most popular places in the county for walking include;
- The Forest Of Dean and Wye Valley AONB, The Forest Of Dean is an ancient woodland 100 square kilometres of mixed woodland including the Wye Valley.
- The Cotswolds including The Cotswold Way Walking route. The Cotswold hills are full of wonderful trails from easy circular routes through to walking the Cotswold Way.
- The Severn Valley including the Severn Way Walk. The waterways of Gloucestershire include; The River Severn, River Wye, Gloucester To Sharpness Canal, River Avon In Tewkesbury, Stroudwater navigation and even the source of the River Thames at Thames Head near Cirencester. A great river walk is the Severn Way.
Good Local Walking Websites
Two Hour Stand Up Paddleboarding Experience for One or Two at Way2Go Adventures, Way2Go adventures is a Wye Valley-based, family-run business operating intrepid excursions focused on the surrounding natural scenery, including canoeing, kayaking, raft building and […]
Cotswold Archery have a special offer 2 hour archery introduction session at Batsford Arboretum and Garden Centre in the Cotswolds in Gloucestershire. A 2 hour introduction to archery will give beginners an insight into the ancient sport. Cotswold Archery […]
Gloucestershire has many notable waterways and the articles in this section feature anything to do with rivers, lakes, canals and other waterways. This includes the following waterways; River Severn, River Wye, River Chelt, River Frome, […]
Welcome to the @aboutglos walking and hiking section. The walking section aims to provide information on all the nice walks in Gloucestershire including: Walks in The Cotswold Hills. Walks In The Forest Of Dean. Waterways walks […]
Randwick Woods is a public footpath through beech and yew woodlands in The Cotswold’s. There are various routes through the woods including some circular woods. Randwick Woods is a public footpath through beech and yew […]
Cycling in Gloucestershire, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Cotswolds & Forest of Dean, there are many cycling or mountain biking opportunities in Gloucestershire. From simple routes to hilly or off road cycling. _ToDo Bike Routes Throughout The Cotswold Hills […]
After weeks of rain the sky was blue and decided to get my boots muddy with a quick walk in The Forest If Dean starting at Plump Hill. Forest Of Dean Walk – Plump Hill […]
Spring & Summer 2014 Expeditions Through Gloucestershire By @aboutglos. to improve the quality and amount of content on my Gloucestershire websites and blogs I have decided this years holidays will all be based around Gloucestershire. […]
Hardwicke pond is located on the junction of Pound Lane and Sticky lane next to Hardwicke Parochial School and the playing field. Hardwicke Pond Wildlife The pond is a magnet for local wildlife and is a […]
Walk Along The River Frome & Stroudwater Navigation, I enjoyed a rainy walk from A38 near Whitminster along the River Frome eventually following the Stroudwater Navigation into Stonehouse. Right near Stonehouse Court, didn’t pop in […]
- Nature in Art
- Cheltenham Bach Choir 70th Birthday Concert – a choral celebration
- Gloucestershire Festival of Polo 10–11 June 2017
- The International Centre for Birds of Prey
- Cotswold Women in Business Jan 2017 start up course
- Westonbirt Fair on the 25th and 26th October 2016
- Channel 4’s Selling Houses with Amanda Lamb is Filming in Gloucestershire
- Celebrating the Start of the Grouse Season with Corse Lawn House